Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clay Projects

On this project we made to clay creations one was a mug or bowl.  I made a mug.  The next creation we made was of a creature or something of our choice.  I made "Patrick" from the show "Spongebob Squarepants".  They were both really fun to do and I enjoyed them both.  I think I was pretty successful on both the mug and Patrick. I think that looked relatively normal as mugs and sea stars go.  Everything was smooth sailing on these projects except for a few things.  For one, the mug was a little lumpy and not perfectly shaped and Patrick kept falling apart.  So bad in fact that when he was fired one of his legs got lost in the process.  If I were to do these projects over I would have constructed Patrick better and shaped the mug more symmetrically.  From this piece I learned how to deal with clay and how to properly mold something.

No comments:

Post a Comment